Jamie Jones is a director from London who started his career shooting hard-hitting documentaries on everything from amateur boxing to the British drug underworld for networks like the BBC and MTV. As a commercial director he's worked with premium brands like Virgin Media, British Airways, Clarks Shoes, M&S and Jaguar as well as high fashion magazines such as ELLE and Glamour, which routinely hire him to direct editorial films. In a personal capacity he has written and directed an array of award-winning short films, notably winning the Film London competition at BAFTA for his stirring short film The Birdcage.In 2016 Jones embarked on making The Nest, a short film acting as a precursor to his first feature that he made in the same year, titled OBEY. Both The Nest and Obey, re-address the themes Jamie was so interested in when he started his film-making career. Both are human stories, exploring once again why poverty so often pushes people to extremes.Filmography:
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2016: Liverpool International Film Festival • Women in Film - Amy Bowden
- 2017: London Short Film Festival | London Lives
- 2017: Clermont Ferrand International short film festival | International3rd
- 2017: TAMPERE Film Festival | Swinging London
The Nest is a Cathy Come Home story for Generation Rent; a warning tale of how quickly social harmony can break down when people are pushed out to the sidelines.
A single-mum family are driven to extreme behaviour when they are evicted from the house they live in illegally and replaced with second-generation immigrants.
- Runtimes: 21'
- Color(s): Colors
- Ratio: 1,77:1 (16/9)
- Country(ies) of production: United Kingdom
- Original Language(s): English
- Audience: General Audiences
- Format(s) available: ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Jamie Jones
- Cinematographer: Nicolas Booth
- Editor: Isabel Freeman
- Sound: Joe Cochrane
- Music: Javier Calequi
- Producer: Shelley Jones
- Executive Producer: Emily Jones
- Produced by: Beyond Fiction