Pavel Cuzuioc was born in 1978, in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. He studied law in Bucharest, Romania and graduated from the State University of Moldova. In 2000, he moved to Vienna, Austria, where he took a Post-Graduate Diploma in International Studies at the Diplomatic Academy. From 2003, he followed courses on film directing and film production at the Vienna Film Academy, and since then has been working as a filmmaker.Filmography:
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2016: Clermont Ferrand International short film festival
- 2015: Cottbus Film Festival (Germany)
- 2015: Sleepwalkers ISFF (Estonia) • Special Mention
On a cold winter’s day, a young woman travels from the countryside to an address in the city, that she’s never been to before. There, she hopes to get something that may affect her future.
Raisa sets off at the break of dawn to the bus stop. A long bus journey takes her to the city, and to a stranger’s house. It is a fateful journey into the unknown. An older woman opens the door. No appointment? You could have at least called. No need to pay, they’re for free. But Raisa is put on a waiting list. A meticulously rendered, deeply insightful portrayal of a crucial moment in the life of a survivor.
- Runtimes: 15'
- Color(s): Colors
- Ratio: 2,35:1 (Cinemascope)
- Sound: Dolby Digital / 5.1
- Country(ies) of production: Austria / Moldova
- Original Language(s): Romanian
- Subtitle(s) available: English
- Audience: Parental Guidance Suggested (-10)
- Format(s) available: DCP / ProRes HD
Artistic & Technical Crew
- Screenplay: Pavel Cuzuioc
- Cinematographer: Michael Schindegger
- Editor: Pavel Cuzuioc
- Sound: Marian Turea, Lenja Gathmann
- Producer: Pavel Cuzuioc
- Produced by: Pavel Cuzuioc Filmproduktion