DEATH OF A SHADOW
Festival(s) & Award(s)
- 2012: LA Shorts Fest • Prix Best Of The Fest
- 2012: Valladolid International Film Festival • Best European Short
- 2012: Semaine du cinéma fantastique de Nice 2012 • Prix du public
- 2013: Festival international du film fantastique de Gérardmer • Grand prix du court métrage
Soldier Nathan Rijckx died during World War I. A strange collector imprisoned his shadow and gave him a new chance: a second life against 10000 captured shadows.
It is love that guides him, as his purpose is to meet Sarah again, the woman he fell in love with before he died. But when he discovers that she’s already in love with someone else, jealousy clouds his mind and pushes him towards a bitter decision, a decision not without consequences…
- Runtimes: 20'
- Color(s): Colors
- Country(ies) of production: Netherlands
- Original Language(s): Dutch
Artistic & Technical Crew
With: Matthias Schoenaerts, Laura Verlinden
- Produced by: Ellen De Waele / Serendipity Films